GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Information on personal data processed by the Academy of Hotel Management and Catering Industry in Poznan
1. CONTROLLER OF PERSONAL DATA
The administrator of your personal data is the Academy of Hotel Management and Catering Industry in Poznan, Nieszawska 13C Street, 61-021 Poznan, registered under no. 28 in the Register of Private Universities and Associations of Private Universities kept by the Minister of Science and Higher Education. Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +48 61 87 11 530, fax: +48 61 87 11 533. The Administrator appointed the Personal Data Protection Inspector, contact details: e-mail: email@example.com.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The Academy processes your personal data in order to conduct recruitment proceedings (on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) and to conclude and perform a contract for the provision of educational services (on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR). In addition, the purpose of the processing of personal data by the Academy is:
- performance of contracts for the provision of educational services with students (under Article 6(1)(b) of the DPA),
- fulfilment of the Academy's legal obligations in connection with its educational activities (pursuant to Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR), including performance of statistical obligations and reporting for the University's own needs and those of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education or other authorities;
- investigation of potential claims by the Academy or defense against claims against the Academy (on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR);
- to direct commercial marketing information to you about its products, services, surveys, promotional campaigns or news from the life of the Academy (on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR or Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR),
- responding to complaints or reported inquiries using the contact form on the website: https://www.wshig.pl/ (on the basis of Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR). The Academy informs that if the basis for processing is the consent of the data subject (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR), this consent may be withdrawn at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the validity of the processing that took place before the withdrawal of consent.
3. PERIOD OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data will be processed for the time necessary to achieve the indicated purposes in point 2:
- in terms of the implementation of the contract for the provision of educational services for the duration of the contract, and after that for the period and to the extent required by law according to the regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 27.09.2018 on the documentation of the course of studies (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 661) or for the implementation by the controller of its legitimate interest (e.g. the assertion of claims);
- in the case of processing personal data solely on the basis of consent, they will be processed until that consent is withdrawn.
4. RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
- those entitled to obtain personal data under the law;
- those providing marketing services;
- financial institutions for the performance of settlement processing;
- providing IT or facility management support services;
- providing legal advice and legal representation services.
Personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
5. RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Everyone has the right to access, rectification, erasure, portability or restriction of processing of personal data. In addition, everyone has the right to object to the processing. Access to the data is possible at the premises of the Academy. In order to exercise your rights, you may send your request to the e-mail address of the Inspector of Personal Data: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. THE POSSIBILITY OF LODGING A COMPLAINT REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Everyone shall have the right to lodge a complaint in connection with the processing of his personal data to the supervisory authority, which is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki Street, 00-193 Warsaw.
7. REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Providing personal data to keep personal records by the Academy is obligatory and results from the Act - Law on Higher Education. Apart from that, the provision of personal data by you is voluntary, however, the refusal to provide personal data may result in the refusal to conclude an agreement with the Academy, to obtain documentation of the course of your education, to answer your inquiries, to be the subject of marketing activities (e.g. promotional campaigns) or the lack of the possibility to express opinions in surveys.
8. AUTOMATED DECISIONS BASED ON PERSONAL DATA, INCLUDING PROFILING
The Academy does not make automated decisions on the basis of personal data, including profiling.
Information about the Academy's processing of personal data is also available on the website: https://www.wshig.pl/, and can also be consulted at the Academy's Registrar's Office in the form of a hard copy of the information.